We are pleased to be sponsored by the Medical Protection society, the leading provider of comprehensive professional indemnity and expert advice to doctors, dentists and health professionals around the world.
Joining the MPS is free for students!
Becoming a student member of the MPS is free, and it offers many benefits:
- During your studies you can receive access to free worldwide elective protection which is especially useful if you intend to undertake your elective in some of the more exotic locations.
- If you wish to travel for your elective, as long as you get in touch with MPS they can help arrange the correct protection for you.
- MPS can also provide you with useful elective planning resources and written proof of your elective membership benefits (usually within 24 hours) should you need it.
- MPS is an organisation which exists to support and advise members. Over the last few years MPS has been asked to represent medical students who have been subject to ‘Fitness to Practice’ enquiries.
- MPS can be a useful resource for your studies. They publish their casebook journal three times per year and this is available online along with medicolegal news and case reports.
- MPS also has an online resource of medicolegal factsheets on subjects such as consent and keeping medical records.
- MPS prides itself on high standards of service and a recent survey revealed that 96% of members would be likely or very likely to recommend MPS to their colleagues.
More about the Medical Protection Society
MPS is a mutual, not-for-profit medical defence organisation, offering more than 260,000 members help with legal and ethical problems that arise from their professional practice including:
- Medicolegal Advice
- Legal Representation
- Dealing with the Media
- Medicolegal Publications
- Online Resources
MPS also supports the profession through:
- Risk Management
- Educational Support
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing
MPS is not an insurance company. The benefits of membership are discretionary – this allows the flexibility to provide help and support even in unusual circumstances. Take out free student membership here.